A brief summary of the things I’ve accomplished since returning to the game.
– Joined a new guild. This was a tough decision to make. Shuffle had been the only guild that I had known ever since Doofy joined it while, like, level 15 in Westfall. And what I came back to was an empty shell of a guild. All the founders and core folks in the guild had basically quit the game. Those who didn’t quit left for other guilds. The only active folks in the guilds were little-used alts and bank leeches (the money ran out months ago, nary a deposit in sight). I ran around guildless on Sherm and Doffy for a few days, when an old acquaintance (whom I thought had left the server and/or WoW) sent me a tell and suggested I join his guild. I looked them up and found a couple more familiar faces in there, so I went ahead an joined Veritas et Aequitas. Good folks, and hopefully we’re going places.
– Upgrades! My hiatus began right before the 2.4 patch, and because I’m awesome, Doofy had 124 badges on him. So I immediately bought the Mexican, non-union, Tier 6 equivalent chestpiece. It is awesome. Like me. Sherm also was near the magic 100 mark and a couple of Karazhan trips and heroic daily quests (I kinda wish it could be Botanica every day) got him the caster chest for improved pewpew.
– Become fabulously rich. Between grinding out Shattered Sun Offensive reputation (exalted on Sherm and Doofy, Doffy is revered) and a lucky drop or two (a green enchanting pattern innocently master looted to me sold for 500g) and my own patented method for selling stuff on the Auction House, I have somehow amassed almost 6,000 gold. This is after nearly going bankrupt buying Jewelcrafting patterns for Sherm and buying Doffy’s flying mount after hittting 70 (see below). I think that money is going to go towards getting Doffy an epic flyer as he could really use it, being an herbalist and all. Sherm does not have a gathering profession, so I think it would be a waste of time for him.
– Gotten Doffy to 70. A couple more instance runs got him so close to 70, and I went and did some quests around Area 52 to finish it out. I did pick up a couple of items in Magister’s Terrace that got my healing to about 1,000 buffed which was good enough to sneak into a Karazhan run where I walked out with 7 epics. It’s a horrible mismatch of leather and cloth with the only mail item being the Tier 4 gloves. I’m not even using a shield! It’s a lot of fun, though, and will get easier as I get more items and badges. My other goal now is to gear him up well enough with an off-spec set to be able to plow through a zone or two of quests in a weekend, to earn even more cash.
Things I haven’t done:
– Used the beta key. I just don’t freaking have time. Where was this a couple of weeks ago, you know? Sigh.