If you’re on Facebook (which I am. I mean, the guy who writes this, not an actual Facebook page for Doofy. Because that would be weird.), you are probably familiar with the 25 Random Things meme that is working its way around like bird flu. You post a note where you list 25 facts, opinions, thoughts and other random things that can be as in depth or as shallow as you want them to be. In lieu of some actual blogging content, I thought I’d do the same for Doofy. And since I’m required to “tag” people here, I tag everyone reading this. Suckers!
1. We’re nearing three years since I first started WoW. Games rarely stick with me for that long.
2. There will be things on here I’ve mentioned during earlier entries, such as: Doofy was not my first character. That was a troll rogue made on my old roommate’s account. I named him Bojingo. We had been watching a lot of Scrubs on DVD at the time.
3. When I got my own account I rolled another troll rogue and levelled him again. I got him to the 50’s and then rolled Doofy. He’s still in the 50’s.
4. I was in the same guild from the low teens until returning to the game last August when it pretty much collapsed while I was gone. It took quite a bit for me to finally leave the guild even though there was nobody in it.
5. This past weekend was spent getting the Ambassador achievement. I got exalted with Darnassus on Saturday and spent today getting Exodar and Gnomeregan Exiles reputation. I only needed about 15 stacks of Runecloth to finish out the Exodar rep.
6. I’m also about 160 quests away from 3000. This frightens me, actually.
7. Even if I have nothing to do on him and plan on playing an alt, I always log Doofy in first. It’s tradition.
8. I’m a keyboard turner, a clicker and I make very minimal use of macros. I don’t use that focus thing either. How I manage to kill anything or keep people alive is a miracle.
9. Still bitter about that Illumination nerf. Even though I never run out of mana anymore.
10. I hate that you can AoE down all trash in Naxxramas. Even on 25-man. I refuse to cast Blizzard on my mage. And I try to keep my AoE damage to under 10% of my damage total.
11. I admit to being biased against night elf hunters. Which is why I love people like Pike who do what they can to buck the Huntard stereotype. (Oh and hi to Rilgon too.)
12. I lag massively in Dalaran and this computer has 4GB of RAM. I bet it’s because my video card sucks.
13. I dinged 62 off of Onyxia in the first two weeks after The Burning Crusade was released. I have the screenshot somewhere to prove it.
13. I am an UI minimalist. The only thing that really mucks with the default UI is AG Unit Frames so I can make big bars to see exact health and to heal people easier.
14. I play a paladin as a main. I have the ability to heal, tank and DPS. My respec cost is 15g. You have permission to hate me for it.
15. I am a ridiculous packrat. My bank is an absolute disaster right now. But no matter what, I will never part with the 6 pieces of the Tier 0.5 set. I would love to get the tier 0 helm and chest and finish the chain. I idly wonder if it’s doable solo.
16. I enjoy randomly putting Crusader Aura on in groups because it makes people mad.
17. The mage nerfs have filled me with RAAAAAAAAAAAGE. I was finally having fun again on Sherm. And it had surprisingly little with being able to outdamage other mages that outgear me by pretty high margins. Although that was pretty nice.
18. I believe I am the only blogger from Thrall. If anyone out there knows of someone else, let me know.
19. I’ve grown into the Doofy name and kind of accepted it even though I never intended on seriously levelling the character. In my old guild quite frequently and even sometimes in my current guild, people are referred to by their real names. Except me. Frequently heard over vent: “Hey Steve.” “Hey Sarah.” “Hiya Chris.” “Hey Doofy.”
20. Secret: I sometimes raid on my mage while not hit capped. It’s not intentional, honest.
21. I’ve never heard the term “best in slot” so much before Wrath’s release. And I like it, because saying “best in slot” sounds vaguely dirty.
22. I have no desire to level my shaman. He’s 90% to level 75. I had him elemental for a few levels and it went by pretty quick but it was mind-numbingly boring. He’s currently resto and I use him to heal guild alts through the mid-level instances.
23. I hate PVP.
24. I have the 10,000 Honorable Kills achievement.
25. #23 is very likely a result of #24. Since the only way to get properly itemized holy paladin gear before BC was PVP, I did nothing but Alterac Valley in the 3 months between hitting 60 and the release of BC. I probably have less than 100 HK’s since BC’s release.